Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Painting!

In MR.P and my new home, we have a BRIGHT PINK ROOM.  It was the baby room of the previous owners.  Since MR.P and I don't have any children yet, we ventured out and decided that the pink room had to go!  MR.P told me to choose a color that I wanted for an office and a later baby room.  It was a tough choice, but I found one I like (stay tuned to see what color we chose!)  I LOVE doing projects because I like to make them fun (I think I learned that from my mom...like making road trips fun). So we brought the laptop upstairs and we popped in a Friends DVD and started priming (I will never forget to Prime because my sister has cemented that into my brain). After an hour of priming we decided we probably wouldn't get anything else but priming done. It took FOREVER!



(MR.P doing a great job priming)
I have to say MR.P and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. I can't remember what was so funny but I definitely laughed harder  than I have in a while.




We also made the mistake of using too much primer. So we had to make a Home Depot trip to get more primer (Which was probably MR.P's favorite part...hahaha). We made it fun by stopping at QT to get a drink and some snacks. That helped motivate us to finish up. I wore a pink shirt to honor the memory of the pink room that is no more.



Our working station... primer - check! paint brush - check! hole filler - check! yeah, we had it all!


MR.P working hard...and looking good I might add as well ;)


It looks like I didn't do any work, but really I did. See those edges?? Yeah, I did that beautiful work.



It was a fun day. MR.P even installed some ceiling lights for us! They look soooo much better than the gold ones before. Yuck! Stay tuned for pics of the finished product!

3 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love how your shirt matches the wall! If anything is ever said, you were busy taking pictures to document this transformation ~ somebody's gotta do it! : )

Shorely Chic said...

looks like fun, can't wait to see the finished room!

Haven and Home said...

Painting has never looked so fun! Can't wait to see what you pick!!!