Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baskets!

When MR.P and I moved into our house in April we loved all the space we had!  We even have a closet with shelving and such.  The previous owners did a great job making it into a functional space.  The only problem was that I couldn't find a space for our towels.  I didn't want to hang them all up...just a few.  So I was browsing through the Pottery Barn catalog for some ideas and it hit me!  I'll use a a basket instead!  I know, such a simple solution.  But I was glad I already had one.  Baskets can be expensive!  But it is an inexpensive solution to a problem.  I love it when that happens!  Here are some of the pictures that inspired me.






I figured my cute towels would make it pop!!

Here's mine.  Please excuse the dark lighting. 


I'd love to get a rectangular one for this area because it will hold more towels.  Also, because I stole that basket from another spot.  Oh well! 

The basket is an old basket that I spraypainted black...surprise, surprise.  The Solid color towels are from Pottery Barn.  The Floral ones are from Anthropologie.  I LOVE these towels.  They make our bathroom cute! 

I will be taking a break from blogging tomorrow because my mom is taking me birthday shopping!!  My birthday isn't until Sunday, but we like to go a little early :)  Whoohoo!  Hope everyone has a great day!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Hey organization queen! Loving the baskets! It's the catch all be all of clutter :) Have a great Tuesday!

Edit by Lauren said...

Love the basket idea + your cute black and white tile floor!

Have fun birthday shopping!! Mom's are the best!

abby @ tales and trials said...

I love baskets and use them for everything!!! I have found some really nice ones at goodwill. Sometimes I paint them and sometimes I leave them as is.

Love your patterned towels!!

Red said...

Aah! I love the basket Idea! isn't spray paint great?! its wonderful how a new color can totally change something and make it better. =)

Julianne Hendrickson said...

hope you have a GREAT day shopping with your mom...i am very jealous!

sealaura said...

have fun on your bday!! I love PB those catalogs inspire me all the time. I love to keep the summer ones since I am in Cali, those ideas can be applicable most of the year.

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

Love baskets...I have them in the bathroom, the den, the pantry, everywhere! happy birthday!

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

Love your blog girl!

Sara said...

my bestfriend has some in her closet LOVE!