Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Romper

Ok, so I finally convinced myself to tell a story about a romper I was had.  When I first saw the romper was coming back into style, memories of my past came flashing back to me.  It was not a pretty sight. 

When you see these rombers you think, "Oh so cute!" or "oh so flattering!" 

(via)
(via)

(via)

But what you don't think is, "what if this suit thing has a ton of buttons and is really difficult to get off quickly?"
When I was about 8 years old (quite embarrassing to tell this story) I was wearing this cute light denim romper.  It had a pink and white striped shirt underneith and the romper attached to the top of the shirt with 2 buttons on each side.  To make matters worse, it also had 4 buttons as a fly.  This was one TOUGH outfit to wear.  But oh SOO CUTE!  I couldn't help but wear it quite often.  One sad day I was wearing it and had to go to the bathroom SOOOOO bad.  This story did not end well.  I ended up wetting my pants.  To make matters worse my sister Laura was there and so was my friend Bonnie.  I'm pretty sure they were NOT sweet about it.  To this day I have been a little afraid to buy a romper.  Ok, so that's my most embarrassing moment.  What about your's??

2 comments:

Julianne Hendrickson said...

Aww man! That stiiiinks! I love the romper but at 5'8, I am just not sure I can pull it off...we'll see if I get risky. I have many embarrassing stories from youth, but my favorite is when I fainted at my first communion. I guess I was just overwhelmed by the Lord! :)

Katie said...

hahahaha I totally know what you mean! I tried one on at Target and it looked horrible on my... my torso was too long. I did hear that NY and Co had some really cute ones and they are on sale! I will be checking them out this week! I love the white one you posted and will have to see if they have one similar to it when I go!