Monday, September 20, 2010

Guest Post: Sarah from "For the Love"

Happy Monday morning friends.  I found a new friend and am soo excited to introduce you!  Sarah has a blog called For the Love. This is where she shares her talent for finding great fashion for unbelievable prices!  So I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have her do a little guest post.  I think she and I will be great friends since our passions are so similar.  Welcome Sarah!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Sarah. It's so nice to meet you! I'm excited and honored to be guest blogging for Beth here at Design A Peele. I recently found her blog, and I was instantly drawn to her "thrift A Peele." My blog is called For the Love, because I have love for a lot for a lot of things. I frequently blog about frugal fashion finds in a series I call "Really Frugal Fashion." I'm nearly addicted to putting together trendy and fashionable outfits on a Really Frugal budget. I'd love to show you some of my recent outfit details, and share a few tips.



In August I had a big wedding to attend. I wanted to find a unique and classy dress, and I didn't want to spend very much cash. My husband gave me a budget, so I searched in some of my favorite retail stores and didn't have much luck. The DAY BEFORE the wedding I decided to browse the dress section at the D.I. which is our local donation center. I found this vintage dress for $6 and couldn't pass it up! The shoes are Target and were also purchased for around $6 at the D.I. I got so many compliments on my dress, and couldn't help but beam over the fabulous deal! If there's something I've learned about thrift shopping for clothing, it's that there are so many more unique options available.

This was an outfit I put together for church. The top is from the Gap outlet, the belt from Target, the skirt is handmade. I picked it up from the D.I. for around $5, the shoes are from a local auction retailer. They usually retail at $90 but I scored them on sale for $15. The necklace is vintage and cost me all of 50 cents. My tip would be to invest in some well made classic pieces that you can add to thrifted outfits to make them look all the more put together. The Target belt cost me a little more than the thrifted belts I generally buy for a couple dollars, but I wear it all the time. It goes with everything.

Another tip I can offer is to check magazines and online for trends before heading out to the thrift store. That way you can keep your eyes peeled for items that are a current big trend. I recently read this article on cowgirl ankle boots, and then found these ankle boots for $4 at the D.I.


And just for fun, don't forget to check for good deals for the kiddos! I recently found these:
for $4. You can read more about these, and all of my Frugal Fashion finds on my blog. Please stop by and say hello! Feel free to email me with any questions too. I'd love to hear from you! Thanks again for having me Beth!

2 comments:

ElisabethCS said...

I found you and Sarah on the same day! Love both of your blogs and I feel like we're all on the same page. Would love to live close by and hang out with you gals! It's so fun to find other thrift store enthusiasts out there!

Bloomington Office Cleaning said...

Thanks for writingg this