Thursday, September 16, 2010

Moccasins

Ok, I started a love for moccasins about 5 years ago.  I had a pair in college, but my mom thought they were so ugly that she bought me a pair of Sperrys instead.  Which I still have and still love :)

But it never really got rid of my love for moccasins.  I bought a pair at Target 2 years ago, but the stitching started to come out.  Which makes me really sad.  Now that I am writing this, I'll probably just take a needle and thread and fix it...anyway, not sure why I didn't think of that before.  It's amazing what writing will help you think through!  Back to my point.  Moccasins go with everything in the fall.  That and a pair of loafers ;)

Here's what I wear all during the fall...with my moccasins or loafers! (When I'm not wearing this...I wear it all the dang time!)

When shopping for moccasins I prefer to find a very talored pair that can be casual, but doesn't make me feel frumpy.  But, that's just me :)  No matter what I am wearing, I do NOT like to feel frumpy.  I love layering in the fall.  When I go into work I wear all of this, but by the end of the day it's hot again so it's nice to have options.  Then once I get home I can throw on a pair of jeans and I'm ready to go!  Or I could even put a pair of boots on to dress things up a bit instead of jeans.  I guess it just depends on the occasion. 

I love putting outfits together like this because it helps me look at my closet with a different eye.  Instead of feeling like I need more clothes, it helps me see what I already have :)  Shop your own closet more often.  Keep it cleaned out so you can see your options and don't feel overwhelmed and feel like you have no clothes :)


4 comments:

Emily said...

You are so dang cute! Love the outfits.

I don't, unfortunately, know much about the other IKEA sofas (insert me complaining about not having an IKEA near me here :D). I picked the Ektorp 3 seater because it's the exact same scale, lines etc as the Pottery Barn Couch that I was looking at for wayyy more money. I'm really happy with it - comfortable, seems to be holding up well and all. I think the Ektorp 2 seater is a sofa bed, so depending on what you need that could be an option. And I really haven't sat on any of the other models - but I love the looks of the square arm slipcovered sofa - is it the Karlstaad?

ElisabethCS said...

I'm glad my wordless wed inspired you! That's my goal when I blog...cause I am always inspired by someone's blog.
I feel the same way...shop your closet and keep it cleaned out. I LOVE clothing swaps for that...and the free clothing to boot! lol

Resting in the Wings of Grace said...

you know.. This morning on my way to work I thought...what if instead of having a tv show where you get rif od all your clothes and they give you money to go buy new clothes, what if someone showed you how to make what you have work! You are brilliant!

Brian and Ashley said...

Oooh! I love those mocs! Now, if it were only cool enough to wear them! :)