Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Guest Bathroom

Good Morning Bloggers. I took a little blogging break, but I'm back! I've been working on our guest bathroom as you probably remember.  I'm trying to focus on one room at a time, but it's getting difficult.  So many great ideas out there!  I've actually really enjoyed this project, but have yet to finish it.  Follow through is tough!


The walls are a sage green and I plan to use white to fill in the lines to really make the green and white POP!  I can't wait to show the final product. I don't like spending a lot of money, so I shop my house pretty often.  But I also find the value in putting money into things that will last and will help the value of our house in the future.  Here are a few things I would LOVE to put in this bathroom. 

A new showerhead would make our shower wonderful for our guests.

I think a guest bathroom should be just as special as your own bathroom!  And a nice shower head is always a good surprise in my book.  I think I like the chrome the best.

We also need to change out the hardware on the facet.  Here's a question though. Do all facets and such need to match in ALL your bathrooms?  That's something I've always wondered. I know to keep the metal the same in each room, but wasn't sure about the entire house.
I like this style facet a lot.
The price is just right at $35.99!  That's my kind of deal!

Funny story regarding our facet. It's one of those that you pull up...here's a pic.

sorry for the quality...I stole from one of my WIWW posts.
So a little girl in our community group (church) was using our bathroom and she told her mom later that it was the most confusing facet she had ever seen!  I guess we need to change it then ;)

Lastly, I would LOVE to change out the lighting in this bathroom.  I don't really know how to change an over the mirror light to an overhead chandelier :(  But, once I do learn I would LOVE this one

I love the details. And again, the price is perfect. 

Everything I listed here can be found at Overstock.com.  Overstock has graciously given me a discount code to share with my readers!  The Code is 121728? and will give you 10% off ALL Overstock items!

All the ideas and opinions expressed are my own. No monetary compensation was received for doing this post, however, I was provided with a discount code.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Beth! I have been eying a chandelier on overstock for my dining room ... this is 'the sign' I needed to get it! I'm headed that way right now. So excited. Thank you!

HumbuckerChapell said...

I have been waiting for an update on this project:) Can't wait to see the finished product! Jordan can attest, I am AWFUL at finishing things. This is very trying during renovations;)

Erin said...

Beth!

I'm so glad you left a comment because I didn't realize that I wasn't following Design-A-Peele until I saw your comment and realized I hadn't seen your blog in a while! I used to read your blog all the time, but I guess I was always seeing it on facebook newsfeed and when I got your comment, I was like wait a sec, why haven't I seen her blog updates in a while! Well, I guess I was always going over from facebook instead of my reader. Problem fixed now though :)

And I'm glad because we're redoing our bathroom right now too! We just finished the guest bathroom and are on the master now and have been making the same faucet/lighting/finish decisions.

I don't think you have to have the same faucets in all your bathrooms. We upgraded the one in our guest bathroom from the same one you have in the pic to one similar to the one you have picked out, and we went with satin nickel finish. But for the master, we did end up getting a similar but slightly different one than the one we put in the guest room. And we did do the same finish throughout the bathrooms, but when we were looking at lighting, I actually had two interior designers tell me that it is common for people to use different finishes in the same room and they even showed me pictures in catalogs of like oil rubbed bronze light fixture with satin nickel or chrome faucets and one room even had three finishes in it. I went the safe route and still kept mine all the same within the same room, but I have noticed since then that I've seen several pictures in magazines where it's not all the same finish in the same room. Interesting...

Scientific Housewife said...

You are inspiring me to change up our guest bathroom a little bit :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I can't wait to see your paint/stencil type wall!

Green Door Girl said...

can't wait to see the finished project!