Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Quote Worthy"

I have a friend named Beth. She's cool cause she has the same name as me. Anyway, our families have been friends for 23 years. They were some of our first friends when we moved to Atlanta.  I cannot tell you how many crazy family stories we have with this family. Things like going camping...it rained ALL night. Bonnie (Beth's younger sister) threw up all over our tent (all 6 girls were sleeping in one tent). Their mom got bitten by a scorpion. It was miserably fun :)

Moving on. Beth wrote a book a few years ago called "What not to say to a single Woman in the 21st Century".  It's hysterical. My sister also happened to illustrate it.  If you are single or have single friends...buy it! It's soo funny!!  Plus, like I said before. Beth is wonderful :)


She just wrote ANOTHER book called "Quote Worthy".
"What do Winston Churchill, Oscar Wilde, and Bette Midler have in common? They all said something that was worth repeating. Beth Grabenkort and Randy Schlichting take you into the words of politicians, playwrights, actors, and others as they help you reflect on what people say and how it can go well beyond what they mean."

Go check out her books now! 

4 comments:

lauren elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing, Bonnie and I were good friends in college, small world!

Stephanie said...

Definitely going to check out the books!! Hope you're doing well!

Scientific Housewife said...

How neat! They sound great :)

Kristen said...

Hey Beth...so weird, but I looooove design blogs and have been reading Haven and Home forever and one day at least a year ago I clicked on some of haven and home's favorite blogs and your was it! I have been reading and then I was on facebook commenting on Lauren LeFevre's status and saw your name. How weird! Plus you just mentioned Beth and she was in the grade above me I think at Perimeter and your sister Dani. AND I think Bonnie was in my brother Nathan's class and my mom taught at Perimeter. I have know Lauren since I was 4 and this just cracked me up how small the world is. A HUGE congrats on your baby boy:)