That's right, it's up! Finally! It sat on our wall in our room for a good while. Honestly, Matt was out of town for a few weeks, so we definitely have an excuse. Ok, so anyway, Daniel (our trusty neighbor) came over to help. It's heavy, so Matt needed someone a little stronger than me. Can you believe that?!?!
So the guys went to town and had it up in under 5 minutes!!
I just documented in pictures. I didn't help one bit! I did paint the door though. That counts, right?
Taking measurements so I don't make them re-do everything :) How embarrassing to have to a headboard that wasn't in the center! They know what they are doing though, so no worries!
Starting to see the vision!
Good looking hunk of a husband!
He's so strong!
We ended up just screwing the headboard into the wall. The initial plan was to find the studs in the wall and screw it into that part of the wall. Well, for some reason our trusty stud finder didn't work. We felt it was pretty sturdy anyway, so we decided to let it stay.
What a great friend and neighbor to help with my never ending projects.
And done! Voila!
I think I like it. It's definitely a little bigger than our bed, but I think I like that. I didn't stage anything because I don't know what accessories we'll be using. Eventually I'll find the right bedside lamps. I'm hoping that will make everything really pop!
Excited that the transformation is finally coming together! I'll continue posting pictures as we get things done!