Monday, September 28, 2009

First attempt at Chairs

This weekend I planned to redo our kitchen table and chairs.  They are a recent purchase off of craigslist and I have been pretty exciting about them.  My first attempt was not so successful. 

Here's the before:

They were white washed which doesn't really look that great in our kitchen.

Here's the after:


TERRIBLE, I know!!  It was so bad that I didn't even finish it.  I bought the spraypaint that doesn't drip (or so I thought) and it was horrible!  It turned out slightly pink too.  Which is not the color I was going for. 

Here's the next plan:
1.) Unscrew all chair bottoms
2.) Sand all the Chairs down (pretty much just getting myself all ready for the much needed and improved transformation)

3.) Take star from above the tv to Home Depot's paint department and have them match the paint - $16
4.) Prime chairs with grey primer - let dry for a day or so
5.) Paint chairs with new mixed paint
5.) Take sand paper and make chairs look a little distressed (Hopefully this last one will work)  Any tips???  Suggestions???

The table has a much different look coming.  We'll probably sand the whole thing down them refinish with a darker wood.  What do you think?



3 comments:

Haven and Home said...

I know it is frustrating but it will look great when you are finished. I hate sanding and priming but sometimes it is the only way!

Unknown said...

I starting out painting my head board by spray painting, but ended up finishing it with a brush. Sometimes it's the only way to go. I love, love, LOVE spray paint, but it's not right for everything. Can't wait to see your chairs when you're all finished.

Design A-Peele said...

Thanks for the encouragement girls!