Sewing has never been my forte. I never really had an inspiration to get myself going with it. Now I do! I love making random things for the house and would LOVE to make gifts for people on a whim! You wouldn't believe how much fabric I have left over from our dining room drapes...so that is my inspiration. I'll have to show you the things I plan on making!
Anyway, back to the point of this post. My sweet mom is getting me a sewing machine for Christmas!! Whoohoo! Go Mom! We have been looking around for a great beginner sewing machine that will really stand the test of time. This is the one I think we've decided on.
EDIT: My mom and DAD are giving me this sewing machine. My terrible bad.
Brother VX1435 Free Arm Sewing Machine (Refurbished)
* Sewing machine provides 14 built-in stitches and 4-step automatic buttonholer
* Versatile craft tool features free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves
* Sewing machine offers twin needle function to create decorative patterns with two color threads
* Automatic quick bobbin winder
* Quick-change presser feet
* Upper thread tension control dial
* Pattern selection dial
* Buttonhole fine-adjustment
* Reverse sewing lever
* Built-in handle for portability
* Built-in sewing light
* Foot pedal and instruction book included
It's orginially $199 and on sale for $66 found @ Overstock. I am pretty excited about this. My mom and sisters will have to teach me tons of things I can make! Now I won't have to rely on them :)
When I get this in the mail I plan on visitin V and Co. and her Etsy shop A LOT MORE OFTEN!! She has some great patterns I can't wait to make!
Doesn't she just look like tons of fun?
What do y'all think?
EDIT: My mom and I ordered it during lunch today :) Sooo fun! Can't wait to start making things. Although, I have to wait until christmas :(