Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

First off, I just have to say that I am SOOO incredibly thankful to have MR.P back home.  I almost forgot what it felt like to have a husband!  Ok, just kidding.  It's just really nice to have him back.  This is how excited we were to see each other!


(terrible quality, but you get the excitement!)

So anyway, onto the point of my post today.  I wanted to share some things I am thankful for.  Not only because its the week of Thanksgiving, but because I should always remind myself of these things and thank the Lord for blessing us sooo much!  I am thankful that the Lord blessed me with the gift of marriage and to the best husband ever!  I am thankful for our families and the fact that we are all believers.  MR.P and I have been left with such a heritage of believers and for that we are sooo incredibly grateful.  I am also thankful for our new house.  I can't believe that we actually have a house!  It's been such a learning process, but so good for us.  I am thankful for our our friends and family.  I am thankful for our jobs...the list could go on.  Sadly, some days I don't feel so thankful.  I grumble and complain about anything and everything.  Can you believe that???  I have so much to be thankful for, yet, so often I ask God WHY?  Why haven't you given me this?  Or blessed me with that?  I pray that through this Holiday season I can learn to be thankful on a daily basis.  I pray that I would have a heart of gratefulness even in the things my heart desires.  God knows exactly what we all need and the exact timing for us. 

What are you thankful for?  What are you learning about this Thanksgiving?

P.S. We are headed to the beach with my family for Thanksgiving this year.  I am sooo excited about this.  MR.P and I get almost a whole week with all my nieces, sisters, brother, brothers-in-law, and my parents!  We are very blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you have a fab thanskgiving at the beach!

i am thankful for our new friendship. :)