Thursday, December 17, 2009

Project gone bad

People never share about projects gone bad, so I thought I would!  I was doing a little Christmas decorating and cleaning when I came across some glass light covers for our fan in the guest bedroom.  They look like this.


I figured we would never use them, so I decided they would be SOO cute spraypainted white with some cute Christmas scented pine cones and a candy cane striped ribbon tide around each one!  I went to town on spraypainting these things and was excited about the outcome and my creativity.  Or so I thought!  I went to check on them a few hours later thinking they would be dry to the touch.  Nope I was totally wrong.  They were still very wet!  This was my first attempt to spraypaint something glass, so am I missing something?  Does glass not do well with spray paint?  Oh well.  I ended up just throwing them away instead of trying to salvage them.  You see, I have a problem.  I REALLY like to throw things away.  It makes our house WAY less cluttered.  So to me its easier to throw things away than to store them some where just in case. 

So there you have it.  My project gone bad, and no happy ending to the story...except getting to throw something away!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Lol, I don't know anything about spray paint and glass - but I would think that it would dry. Hmmm. I love to throw things away too, no sense in keeping something around you don't absolutely LOVE.

Anonymous said...

I once tried to spraypaint a metal frame and the paint ran immediately and it was a total disaster. I now use a spraypaint primer before my color on anything metal. I wonder if you could use primer on glass?

Centsational girl says" to use frosted glass spraypaint under your color because it will stick to the glass and make a good primer."

http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2009/12/diy-personalized-candles/

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Sorry it didn't work out, but thks for sharing it!