Monday, December 21, 2009

108 and gone

On Saturday my Mom called and informed me that my Great Grandmother Perry had passed away.  She was amazing.  At 108 she went to be with her Heavenly Father, her Husband, a Son, and an unborn Child.  I can't imagine how hard it must have been to lose that many family members before she passed away.  She was an amazing artist...blessed with the talent of painting and making porcelain dolls with intricate lace.  She loved the Lord with all her heart and passed down a lineage to our family.  I know that she prayed for us daily.  I am so thankful that she is in pain no more and has a healthy body!! 

Wasn't she cute?

I am so glad MR.P was able to meet her.  She was such a special lady.  We are headed to her funeral Wednesday in AL.  She's kind of famous there ;)  She and her husband owned a general store as well as a restaurant.  Their quant little house was across the street.  I used to LOVE going to her house and playing in the fields, shucking peas, and playing with stray little puppies.  Oh and of course walking across the street to the store for a coke and a game or 2 of dominoes.  Sadly, when she was 98 her house burned down.  They put another house in its place for her, but it's not the same.  I look forward to seeing everyone in AL and celebrating the life of my Great Grandmother.  She's Home now and I couldn't be more thankful.  108 years is a LONG time to live. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear about your grandma. she sounds like a very special lady.

Love the Decor! said...

She is a doll. What a legacy she has left behind.
May you know comfort and peace in the days ahead.
Grieving with you