Friday, January 29, 2010

My Nieces Birthday gift

I am linking up to this party!




DIY Day @ ASPTL
 
and this one.
 
 
make it wear it


This whole sewing thing has been REALLY fun for me!  It hasn't gone down without a bandaids, but I am pretty sure it was worth it.  I decided to get a tshirt from Target for my niece Alli and sew some cute flowers on.  She turned 4 on Monday.  I honestly can't believe how old she is!  Another niece turned 5 on December 27th!  Ahh!! they are all growing up way too fast!  It just kills me!  Anyway, I started making these flowers and they were harder than I expected.  Only because it was my first time...no, really.  I finally figured out how to sew in a circle and then it was easy! (who knew sewing in a circle was hard stuff!)  They came out very cute.  And I think she liked it!

(isn't she just a ham?!)

Anyway, has anyone noticed that I keep using ticking stripe?  Yeah, it's because its the only fabric I have.  Once I run out, I will start making a collection :)

Ok, so today is FRIDAY!  I am incredibly thankful.  MR.P and I are headed to Macon to visit my grandparents and my sister's family!  We LOVE going to see them!  My brother-in-law is Super funny, so we always lose a few calories while we are there.  Plus, we get to see my 3 nieces!  They are just too cute!  Love them!  Anyway, hope everyone has a happy weekend.  See you Monday!

7 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

that picture is SO CUTE!

kelly

Tammy@InStitches said...

Yes, she is adorable ! I'm glad to see that you have been sewing and it looks like you have quite a few projects on your plate.

Anonymous said...

Your niece is too cute modeling her present! Great job on the flowers.

Playing Sublimely said...

Oh my goodness, Perimeter Church, would love to visit there...my sister lives north of Atlanta and I always say I am going to go there one Sunday when I am visiting her..Aaron Shust is there, right?!?! Thanks for your visit, loved hearing from you!
Love,
Amy

Erin said...

cute shirt and even cuter girl!!

gillar girl said...

what a doll! love the shirt too!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Love the flowers! Stop by and link this up to my new Thursday party Make it, Wear it!