Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend!

Memorial Day - a time to remember those who served and died for our country.  In honor of that MR.P and I went camping with some friends and family!  Camping is not one of our normal activities, but we really enjoyed our time together.  MR.P had been out of town with work so it was nice to have him back in my arms :)

Once we arrived we started setting up camp.  We didn't realize it was red neck city...but it totally was!
MR.P and I have never been camping together. It was fun to set up our little home for the weekend!  To make our camp site a little classier we put christmas lights around our food tents.  It actually looked quite glamorous!

(my sister and brother-in-law in the back ground)

This was our rather large air mattress that took up the entire tent.  And boy was it worth it!  I was so glad to have a nice mattress for a good nights rest. 

Once our tent was set up it was time to just relax and have a good time.  I am so glad we went with friends.  They were such pros.  The Peeles not so much.  I learned a lot about camping for the future.  Or maybe we'll just take them with us again ;)

Having a long weekend off was so nice.  I feel refreshed and ready for the summer!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awwww Beth! I bet y'all had so much fun! More power to you for going camping. I have learned that nature and my skin don't get along very well. You two are absolutely precious!