Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How to create a frame collage

Ok, let's be honest.  There are a lot of tutorials and pictures all over the internet on how to create the most amazing wall/frame collage ever.  Each picture is beautiful and gets you really excited about creating your own.   But once you set in motion to get it done you have no on earthy idea where to start.  That was me.

Anyway, here's really how you really do one...just start nailing things up on the wall, stand back, take it down because you hate it, then start over.  Repeat this process approximately 4 times over 4 days with 5,000 holes in the wall that you didn't need and voila!  You'll have the perfect wall collage :)

Here's where I started.


I put frames together on the floor before I hung them on the wall...you to know, to spare holes in the wall ;)


Decided it looked good on the floor, so why wouldn't it look good on the wall, right?


Well, when they went on the wall, I hated how the color of the frames hit me in the face as I came around the corner.  It was a little much for the look I'm going for.  So I took it down and started over.

Once I decided to use all white and gold frames the vision started coming together a bit more easily.

I had to hide the thermostat in there somehow :)  I think all things considered it came out pretty good!


There are a few special things on this wall and obviously a few spaces left for some others.  One of which was an old postcard with a picture of an old service station on Lookout Mountain.  It has since been turned into a starbucks, but it's still special.  My mom found it in my grandparents house this past year.  


Both these little chairs are pretty special too.  The rocking chair was MR.P's when he was little.  Smith LOVES it.  The chair on the left was my grandparent's chair.  I love it just the way it is.  It does not even need to be reupholstered.  My grandmother was an interior designer and had great taste in quality furniture that would last.


And here it is from the other corner of the house :)  It's a tiny house, but we love it!  It's definitely easier in some ways to decorate a smaller house.  Hopefully I'll remember to blog about the rest of the house sometime soon!

No comments: