Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Here is our Christmas card this year.  Since we moved we decided to do a postcard with our new address on the back.  Saved a bunch of money, so I think I'll be doing this again in the future!  I had it designed by themunch on Etsy!


It didn't feel super Christmassy this year.  Probably because we have been focused on getting settled into our new house.  Anyway, MR.P, Smith and I celebrated together on the 22nd.  We made bfast, opened stockings and our gifts from each other, and just enjoyed a slow paced day (something we haven't had in a long time).  


Also, this is where Smith thought he was sleeping the night before :)  Didn't want to miss out on Santa.

  

Enjoying some coffee together and watching Smith play with his new toys.  I'm a new coffee drinker, so not sure if it counts since I put a fair  a lot of creamer in :)


Smith with his new grocery cart.  He decided to get in, which is ironic since he HATES to get into a grocery cart at the store unless it's one of those CAR ones.  Silly boy.


"warming" his hands by the fire...we don't have a fireplace, so this was the next best thing.


And "cheers!" before breakfast!


Later that day we went to see Santa.  This is me convincing Smith to sit on Santa's lap.  It did not work.  He decided a safer place was on momma's lap :)




We spent Christmas Eve with my family in Atlanta.  And this little man with his bow tie stole my heart.  I can't believe how big he is!!


Tough to get a good family pic where everyone is looking.


Then we spent Christmas Eve night and Christmas day with MR.P's family!

We had a great time spending time with our families.  Tough not being as close to them all, but it makes visiting all the sweeter.  

After Christmas was over I started to realize how unintentional Matt and I were about really sharing with Smith the real reason we celebrate Christmas.  We definitely shared the story of Jesus' birth a lot, but I wasn't able to do advent with him and we forgot to read the Christmas story when we did our little family christmas a few days early.  I pray that next year I'm able to do a lot with him and that he will then understand more.  Thankfully there is freedom in Christ Jesus and I can share the gospel with Smith every single day of the year.  Praise the Lord!



1 comment:

sharongracepjs said...

You're a coffee drinker?! Welcome to life the way it is meant to be lived. (Plus now it's safe for me to come visit you ;)