Thursday, December 2, 2010

Humbled Beyond Belief

I know I haven't shared a lot of info on the adoption. I am sorry. There is so much to do that blogging has gone on the back burner. But, I have to share. Every morning I wake up, I can't believe that God picked us to be the parents of this precious baby. I am in awe of how God worked this out for us!  Absolutely and completely in awe of the way God has worked out every little detail.  Here's a little look into things. Matt and I had decided to stop persuing adoption because it's just so expensive.  I started praying that God would show us what to do, but also that he would let us adopt privately. Not one month later I got a phone call about a private adoption. We couldn't believe it!  After we stopped running hard after what we wanted (and felt God was putting on our hearts) he just dropped it in our lap.  It was about 5.5 weeks later that things were more set in stone.  I just can't believe it. Seriously. I am humbled beyond belief that I get to go through this.

I wouldn't trade anything in the world for what we went through. Like the poem I posted said, if we hadn't gone through a period of waiting then we wouldn't know Jesus like we do now. Through each and every emotion we went through, Jesus was calling us to draw near to him. It was a precious time...don't get me wrong. Glad to be on the other side ;)

Anyway, moving on. Here are a few updates. We are finishing up our home study next week. That will help things get tied up. The baby room is finally coming into picture for me.

My friend Katie is coming over next week to help me make the bed skirt. The fabric came in yesterday. I was so excited that I couldn't help but put it on the crib so I could visualize! 

I painted the changing table yellow. It was an antique white color before and didn't quite go with the white waines cotting. I was going to get some "Oops paint" from home depot, but the day we got home from Thanksgiving our neighbors (some WONDERFUL friends that just moved into our neighborhood) had us over for dinner.  They are updating their kitchen and bought the wrong color paint. They were so sweet and let me use some!!  Love free projects! This desk was also given to us by a sweet friend. We thought it would be a perfect little changing table :)  Yes, that drawer is broken. It's wedged in there while the glue was drying! It's perfect now.

Matt put some blinds up for me.  I of course forgot to take the after picture. They are really just to take some of the light out of the room. I am waiting on some drapes from Nena Von.  You should definitely check out her etsy shop!!  She's amazing!  Once I receive the drapes I'll take a pic so you can see it! 

Here is a piece of inspiration I got while we were in Seaside for Thanksgiving.  My sister is a great artist and she said she could help me paint this on the wall. I am so excited! I think we'll put the baby's name underneath instead of it saying Seaside ;)

So this is where the baby room sits. I know I haven't told you the gender of the baby yet. After a lot of thinking and praying, we decided not to share on the blog until after the baby is born in order to protect everyone involved. If you would like to know, I am more than happy to tell you :) You can just email me @ designapeele@gmail.com

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations again! How exciting that you are nearing the time to meet your precious little one. My husband and I have learned the same over the years - we just have to put things in the Lord's hands and that is when His will can be done! It's a hard lesson and one that requires reminders a lot. :) I also wanted to ask you about that painting. We are dachshund obsessed in our house - where can I find out more about that painting?

carrie baker said...

We are so, so excited for y'all! What an amazing story of God's grace that you will be able to share with your little one!

Kristin said...

Thank you for your quick response on the dog print! I guess I'll have to save that picture for a craft project one day. :)

Scientific Housewife said...

Everything looks great! I'm excited for you guys :)

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

What a sweet and beautiful post! I think I'll wait to meet your new baby to find out if it's a he or a she! Congratulations - God is good!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Congratulations - it's such a great person that is grateful!

Katelyn said...

so exciting and such an encouraging reminder of Gods perfect and sweet timing!!!

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your blog through a comment you left on Casi Brasi- what a great story! I am adding you to my blog role- I'm looking forward to following you along on your journey into motherhood- so amazing! We are thinking about adding to our family through adoption as well- so I love to hear stories from other families who are going through it! Congrats!

Mrs. Bill said...

New reader here! Congratulations on the new addition to your family! My husband and I are considering adoption as a way to start our family. Such a wonderful gift for the holidays!

The Cain's said...

Hi! Can't remember how I found your blog, but I love it! Quick question - where did you find the fabric for the crib bedding? I have searched endlessly for that color, but to no avail! Thanks, and congrats!