Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Adoption Hearing

Let me just start off saying that I should be cleaning my house right now.  I just can't seem to get inspired to clean. Sad story, but oh well! I am busy getting ready for a baby shower for my sister!  She is having my first nephew on April 7th! I can't wait!!  

Anyway, moving along.  This past Friday was our adoption hearing to make Smith's adoption finalized.  Praise the Lord everything is done and went smoothly!  It was a 5 minute ceremony where they asked us a few questions.  The judge even gave us the pen he signed our papers with!


I cannot even express how special it is to have this precious baby boy in our lives.  We love him so much and love watching him grow every day.  I honestly cannot believe he is ours.  God, you are so good and to you be all the glory!!!


Us answering questions...I wanted to yell out "HECK YES" to all of them.  But I politely answered "Yes" instead :)  Doesn't MR.P look handsome??


I guess something was funny!  


Us with our attorney and the Judge.  What a blessing that everything is done :)  Smith was supposed to be taking a nap, but we couldn't let him sleep through such a special moment.  That's why his fingers are in his mouth.  


So this is the family that was able to come.  If our entire family had come it would have been a little overwhelming.  This isn't even half ;)  We were so blessed to have family come and celebrate with us!


Can you tell I am excited that everything is done??  Sad Smith's face isn't in this pic, but he was tired.  Which is why he has his wubbanub in his mouth.  Which is by the way, the best invention ever.  He loves it!

So Smith is officially Smith Jackson Peele.  We love you so much little man!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! That must have been such am amazing feeling!

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

SO excited for you!!!! :)

Team Airhart said...

Congratulations! He is such a precious little gift! (And I think we're gonna be ordering one of those cute wubbanub's for our baby girl today!)

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. So happy to see everything fall into place Beth!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you- you seem like such a special little family- how blessed you all are to have that little man in your life (and him in yours) just SO wonderful!!!

lauren elizabeth said...

So exciting and such a neat ending, or beginning rather of your journey to adoption! His outfit is absolutely precious by the way!

Unknown said...

congratulations! beth, you look so beautiful and glowing in all these pictures! :)

ElisabethCS said...

More caught up now...OH I am SOOOO happy for you!!!!! What a blessing!!! God is so good!!!

Green Door Girl said...

I am so excited for you - so glad it is all official - such a wonderful day!